Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Contemplation or confession?

There you go, I'm sharing my mantra for the week. I like to think that, on occasion, we all face obstacles (nothing too awful, just a minor glitch). I see it as the equivalent to Shakespeare getting writer's block or Michael Jackson forgetting how to moonwalk. Yes, the last analogy was a tad far-fetched but you understand the point I'm trying to make. 

It tends to make me feel better that even the great Professor Brian Cox got a 'D' in A-level Maths and Winston Churchill was expelled from school. I'd like to point out that I can't say that I've experienced either of the above but what I'm trying to get at is the reassurance I feel when I learn that other people - actually not just 'people' but well-respected folk - find things difficult too.

It's easy to be too embarrassed, too proud or just too uptight to admit that sometimes you're just having a bad day or finding something difficult.  I'm writing this in the hope that you can relate to times like that. My reason for doing so isn't so that you start viewing the glass as half-empty, I'm just saying that every so often my glass isn't half-full. When I put everything into perspective the one thing that feels like a massive hurdle to overcome really isn't as bad as I thought and then, on days like today, I forget what it was that bothered me in the first place

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis