Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

A journalistic alter ego?

If you were to look for me right at this very moment you would find me behind a computer, at a desk, in an office full of lots of other people also furiously typing away. They may be replying to emails, writing news stories, chasing up leads, or maybe just updating their Facebook status. I've been sitting here for about an two and a half hours now. I can see The Shard dominating the skyline outside and the Thames is looking pretty calm too. I can't say that I would have imagined myself here a year ago. 

This is day two of a two week internship. I'm on a quest to find out if I have a shot at/am any good at journalism. Hold on!  Whilst pleased to have a BSc now (yes, you don't have to hear me wittering on about writing essays or dissertations anymore), I don't plan to throw in the towel and quit the world of Medicine. This is fun though, very different to blogging.

I am, however, pretty chuffed to have published my first ever online news article (link is at the bottom of the page) and I'm currently working on a second one. Yeah, I should get back to that - but will keep you updated on my Rita Skeeter-esque endeavours

This is Rita Skeeter. Even if I'm not the best journalist in the world, I'd hope that I have a better dress sense than her. 


LINK TO MY FIRST NEWS STORY - CLICK HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis